Japanese National Selection for World Chocolate Masters 2013 had
been held at “Ecole de Patisserie de Tokyo” on Saturday, 27th
Mr. Akihiro Kakimoto (Chef chocolatier at “Salon du Royal” in Kyoto) has won this selection and got the ticket to Paris as “Japan Chocolate Master 2012-2013”.
Among the numbers of applications which was more than the last
edition, 5 finalists were selected to attend this National
selection. They had one day competition at the venue with 6
assignments of “Chocolate Showpiece”, “Hand dipped and Moulded
pralines”, “Chocolate layered cake”, “Chocolate dessert”, and the
new assignment of “Classic recipe revisited”.
Following the tremendous results of Japanese chefs in the past - 2 winners, 1 second place and 1 Third place during 4 editions - , Mr. Kakimoto is going to make his new challenge for the 5th edition to gain the title of “World Chocolate Master 2013” in Paris next year!
• Winner: Mr. Akihiro Kakimoto (Salon de Royal / Kyoto )
• 2nd prize: Mr. Hisato Kasahara (Patisserie KOSAI / Mito, Ibaraki)
• 3rd: Ms. Miki Kobayashi (Palace Hotel / Tokyo)
• 4th : Mr. Masayuki Katanuma (Imperial Hotel / Tokyo)
• 5th : Mr. Hirohito Hiraizumi (Theobroma / Tokyo)
• Jury President: Mr. Susumu Shimada - President of official technical instructor of JCA
• Vice president: Mr. Tadashi Yanagi - Vice president of official technical instructor of JCA
• Jury: Mr. Naomi Mizuno - World Chocolate Master 2007, Callebaut Ambassador
• Jury: Mr. Shigeo Hirai - World Chocolate Master 2009, Cacao Barry Ambassador
• Guest Jury: Mr. Jean-Marc Bernelin - Technical Adviser Barry Callebaut