1st - Ruth Hinks
2nd - Alistair Birt
3rd - Richie Heppell
4th - Conor McAlonan
Best Showpiece -Alistair Birt
Best Entremet - Alistair Birt
Best Classic revisited -Ruth Hinks
Best Dessert - Ruth Hinks
Best Workmanship - Alistair Birt
Best Praline - Ruth Hinks
A big congratulations to the selected contestants for the UK Chocolate Masters:
- Conor McAlonan owner of Liberty Boy Confections, Cork, Ireland,
- Richie Heppell, Head Chef at Royal Air Force Officers Mess, RAF Leuchars,
- Ruth Hinks owner of CocoaBlack,
- Alistair Birt, Head Chocolatier for William Curley.
Watch this space for further information.
The UK Chocolate Masters will take place on 2-4th of
September 2012 at Speciality and Fine Food Fair at Olympia,
London. This competition is open to anyone who is
working in the following sectors: pastry-making and confectionery,
restaurants and catering, and professional culinary training, with
the exception of members of the Barry Callebaut Ambassador Club and
Barry Callebaut employees.
Contestants must have been born before 1st January 1992 and have worked / resided in the UK for a minimum of the last 5 years
The theme of the competition is 'The Architecture of Taste' and this will need to be reflected in all creations. Contestants will be required to produce over a 3 day period: a large chocolate showpiece, a chocolate layered cake, a moulded praline/moulded bonbon and a gastronomic chocolate dessert. For the last assignment, each contestant will revisit a classic recipe that reflects his or her country’s tradition, which for the UK is a Chocolate Log.
For further information or to apply then please contact Anna Tcherniak
Again this year, the UK selection of the WCM will showcase the
best chocolate talents. A professional and well-known jury will
judge and evaluate their work during the whole competition.
Look who will attend this unique event:
- Hideko Kawa, Head Pastry Chef of The Fat Duck
- Gary Hunter, Head of UK Judges, Callebaut Ambassador, and Head of Culinary Arts at Westminster Kingsway College
- Alan Murchison, Cacao Barry Ambassador, Executive Chef and Director of 10in8 restaurant group
- Keith Hurdman, Honorary Ambassador, Master Chocolatier at Thorntons
- Kirsten Tibbals, Savour Chocolate and Pastry School
- John Costello, Current UK Chocolate Master
- Thierry Dumochel, Cacao Barry Ambassador and Owner of Dumouchel Patisserie
- Willie Pike, Callebaut Ambassador and Chef consultant in Scotland. Organiser of Scottish Chefs conference
- Dirk Schonkeren, Callebaut Ambassador and owner of Helenas Chocolates in Ireland
- Mark Tilling, Previous 2 times UK chocolate Master Chocolatier
- Markus Bohr, Executive Pastry Chef at Harrods
- Paul Wayne Gregory, Cacao Barry Ambassador, And owner of Paul Wayne Gregory
- Sarah Hartnett, Executive Pastry Chef of Sheraton Park Lane
No doubt that these prestigious Chefs will carefully evaluate the chocolate skills of our contestants.