Young Min LEE will represent Korea at the World Chocolate Masters Asia Pacific Selection
Seoul/Korea, the 25th of Oct 2012 – Organised by the leading Gourmet brands Callebaut®, Cacao Barry® and Carma® , the Korea National selection for the 2012-2013 World Chocolate Masters took place on October, 25nd at the Specialty & Bakery Fair, AT Center. 4 participants from the bakery and pastry sectors have demonstrated their chocolate expertise and creativity during this breath-taking competition, where 7 well-known professional jury members evaluated their work.
During this breathtaking competition only dedicated to the
creative use of chocolate, each contestant had to create a
chocolate showpiece, a moulded praline, an entremets and a
gastronomic dessert. The well-known Jury announced Young Min LEE as
the winner of the Korean pre-selection. The next step will be the
Asia Pacific selection, which will be held in Taipei in March 2013.
Young Min Lee graduated from Culinary Institute of America (CIA) in 2008. Between 2009 and 2011, he participated to many international competitions which helped him to get more and more experience. Before winning the Korean World Chocolate Masters pre-selection, he was ranked in the top 3 of the US Pastry Competition in New York (2009). He also won the “Best chocolate showpiece” title and the “Gold Medals of Paris Gourmet” from "La Société Culinaire Philanthropique" in New York (2010). Since January 2012, he is working as a manager at the Bakehouse located in Chungdam. Right after the contest, he wanted to share his experience of hard work and his real excitement to represent Korea. Now he needs to be well prepared and trained for the Asia Pacific Selection in March 2013, which will may bring him to the International Final in Paris.
- Lee Young Min from Bakehouse (Chungdam) as Manager (Pastry segment)
- Choi Chang Sung from Le Bua Bakery as Pastry Chef
- Kim Kwan Tae from Nonga's Bakery as owner chef and professor of the university (Bakery & Pastry)
- Yu Kun Hee as student from Korean Hotel School
Jury panel :
- Choi Dong Man as owner and bakery chef from La Ssang Te Bakery
- Kim Duk Kyu as owner and bakery chef from Kim Duk Kyu Bakery
- Park Sang Kyu as owner and bakery chef from Cake House Mille
- Choi In Ho as owner and bakery chef from Boungeries De Lebang
- Jung Chan Woong as owner and bakery chef from Boungeries De Lebang
- Seung Yun Lee as Callebaut Ambassador and 4th place of World Chocolate Master 2011