Recipes: NOUVEL PRALINE - Hans Ovando
Tahiti Caramel and Fleur de Sel
200g cream 35%
1 Tahiti vanilla pod
1g fleur de sel
1. Boil the cream together with the vanilla pod and leave to infuse for 10 minutes.
2. In a separate pan, make a caramel with the sugar and add the glucose.
3. Add the cream gradually, stirring all the time. Cook the toffee to 106ºC. Cool to 40ºC, mix in the butter using a hand blender.
4. Lastly, add the fleur de sel.
Lime Peel Purée
100g lime peel
65g lime juice
3g pectine NH
1. Blanch the lime peel with cold water three times, the third time, cook for 25 minutes.
2. Wash the lime peel with cold water and whiz everything up in the food processor (except for the butter).
3. Once a smooth mixture has been obtained, pass it through a strainer. Mix in the softened butter with a hand blender. Place in the refrigerator.
Caramelised Pecan Nuts
150g pecan nuts
1. Cook the water and the sugars at 135ºC, add the nuts and cook until caramelised, stirring all the time.
2. Spread over a metal tray lined with paper and leave to cool.
Two Chocolate Coffee Ganache
For the coffee infusion
100g crushed Ethiopian coffee beans
For the ganache
160g infusion of Ethiopian coffee
40g cream 35%
140g Cacao Barry dark chocolate couverture Mexique 66%
200g Cacao Barry Ghana milk chocolate couverture 40.5%
25g cocoa butter
For the coffee infusion:
1. Boil the water and add the crushed coffee beans, leave to infuse for 10 minutes.
For the coffee ganache and two chocolates:
1. Melt the chocolate couvertures, the noisette butter and the cocoa butter and mix together.
2. Cool the coffee infusion and the glucose to 35ºC.
3. Add the chocolate mixture in three batches and make an emulsion using a hand blender.
4. Lastly, add the chilled cream and continue to make the emulsion.
Keep until needed for serving.
Cacao barry milk chocolate couverture Papouasie 35,7%
- Mould the pralines