Recipes: Obsidian - David Pasquiet
Valais strawberry jelly
160g strawberry purée
1.6g pectin NH
2.5g citric acid
- Heat the strawberry pulp and glucose to 80°C.
- Add the pectin and sugar mix.
- Slowly mix and heat again to 80°C.
- Add the citric acid and put aside.
- At 31°C, inject the jelly into the pre-formed couverture shapes, filling them 1/3 deep.
Cream cheese ganache
75g cream 35%
¼ vanilla pod
3g lime zest
25g cream cheese (quark)
200g Carma Nuit Blanche ‘Swiss Top’
200g Or Noir chocolate
100g dehydrated strawberries
50g dehydrated balsamic vinegar
- Boil the cream, glucose, trimoline, vanilla and lime zest.
- Cover, and leave to infuse for 3 minutes, then filter.
- Add the cream cheese.
- Heat the mixture to 80°C and pour onto the white couverture.
- Mix. At 31°C, finish filling the shapes.
- Leave to crystallize for 10 hours.
- Seal the shapes with a mixture of 200 gr of Or Noir tempered with 100g of dehydrated strawberries and 50g of dehydrated balsamic vinegar.