Recipes: La Brésilienne - Sergio Shidomi
Apricot Passion Jelly
200g boiron passion fruit puree (reduced)
8g yellow pectin
8 dried apricots (chopped)
1. Bring apricot passion jelly to a boil, then pipe into tubes up to 22cm high, and freeze.
66g egg yolks
100g egg whites
40g all purpose flour
1. Whip the egg yolks, eggs, and sugar to ribbon stage.
2. Whip the egg whites and sugar to soft peaks meringue.
3. Spread into 1 full sheet tray and bake at 170°C in convection oven for 8-10 minutes.
4. Cut ladyfinger cake 9.5cm x 22cm then wrap around apricot passion jelly.
5. Trim the ends to make it 21cm long, return to freezer.
Passion fruit Syrup
20g boiron passion fruit puree, reduced
1. Bring to a boil
Orange Shortbread cookie
284g butter, room temp
266g pastry flour
30g rice flour
4g baking powder
30g orange zest
1. Sift flour, salt, rice flour together twice.
2. Cream butter, sugar and zest for 2 min on medium speed.
3. Add flour to butter and mix until blended. Let rest in fridge.
4. Roll out shortbread to 5mm high, trim with cutter 7cm x 21.5cm
5. Bake at 160°C in a convection oven for about 12 min
6. Once cooled, brush entire shortbread with dark chocolate
Cara Krakine layer
pinch of fleur de sel
1. Spread thin layer of cara krakine (3mm), sprinkle fleur de sel
2. Cut with mould 23cm x 4.5cm, and freeze
Dark Chocolate Glaze
240g 35% cream
120g cocoa powder
1.Cook cream, water, sugar, glucose and cocoa powder to 103°C.
2. Add bloomed gelatin at 60°C
365g 3% milk
118g egg yolks
1. Make crème anglaise, then split in 3 bowls (165g, 165g, 132g)
Passion fruit chocolate crémeux
132g crème anglaise
25g boiron passion fruit puree, reduced
43g guayaquil dark chocolate
20g ghana milk chocolate
1. Cast thin dark chocolate shells with Guayaquil dark chocolate.
2. Incorporate the warm crème anglaise with the gelatin, passion fruit reduction, and chocolates.
3. Pipe into thin chocolate shells and freeze
Milk/Dark Chocolate Bavarian
165g crème anglaise
180g arriba milk chocolate
68g guayaquil dark chocolate
188g 35% cream, whipped soft
1. Mix the warm crème anglaise with the bloomed gelatin, adding in the chocolates, then folding in the cream.
2. Fill the 4.5cm x 23cm x 4.5cm frame half way with milk/dark bavarian, then freeze for 8-10 min.
3. Brush the jelly-sponge roll with passion fruit syrup, place inside frame.
4. Top with the milk/dark bavarian, place the cara krakine layer on top, then freeze.
Dark Chocolate Bavarian
165g crème anglaise
150g alto el sol dark chocolate
68g satongo dark chocolate
230g 35% cream, whipped soft
1. Mix the warm anglaise with the chocolates, then folding in the cream.
2. Place the chocolate covered shortbread in the bottom of the 8cm x 23cm x 2.5cm frame, and fill with the dark bavarian; freeze.
1. Glaze dark bavarian with dark chocolate glaze at 40°C
2. Airbrush milk/dark bavarian with chocolate velvet spray, then set on top of dark bavarian.
3. Arrange chocolate shells filled with passion cremeux on dark bavarian.
4. Decorate top of cake with chocolate garnish.