Recipes: Refresh - Sergio Shidomi
Bergamot, Pear and Violet Pâte de Fruit
106g boiron pear puree
159g boiron bergamot puree
16g yellow pectin
5g tartaric acid solution
40g amoretti violet syrup
1. Cook purees with pectin, sugar and glucose until reaches 105°C, adding the tartaric acid solution and violet syrup at the end before pouring into the frame (3mm) set on top of silpat.
Cola Milk Chocolate ganache
100g 35% cream
30g invert sugar
450g alunga milk chocolate
75g Aamoretti cola syrup
15 drops sosa cola extract
1. Heat the cream, glucose, invert sugar and butter to 60°C
2. Add to chocolate and emulsify.
3. Add Cola syrup, Coca-Cola, and Cola extract.
360g Alunga milk chocolate
180g peanut butter
50g crushed potato chips
50g crushed caramelized peanuts
60g pop rocks
1. Temper milk chocolate, mix in peanut butter, then fold in crushed potato chips, crushed peanuts and pop rocks.
1. Table the cola ganache on a marble slab, then spread in a 5mm frame placed on top of the pâte de fruit.
2. Spread the peanut crunch on top of the crystallized cola ganache in a 5mm frame.
3. Take the frames off and chablon the bottom of the slab.
4. Turn over onto a guitar and cut in squares of 2.25cm x 2.25cm.
5. Dip in precrystallized Guayaquil dark chocolate and decorate tops of dipped praline with chocolate garnish.