Recipes: Mirantsoa - Jove Hubbard
140g egg yolks
30g cake flour
18.75g Cacao Barry Extra Brute Cocoa powder
50g Cacao Barry St. Domingue dark chocolate
140g egg whites
1g fleur de sel
1. Melt the butter and St. Domingue together then combine the cake flour and cocoa powder and sift.
2. Combine 65g sucrose and egg yolks and whip to a thick ribbon. Meanwhile combine the egg whites and fleur de sel and whip, adding the second sucrose gradually to form a soft meringue.
3. Fold the chocolate and butter mixture into the egg yolk mixture, then fold in the sifted dry ingredients.
4. Fold in the meringue to lighten. Portion 70g in 6 18mm rings. Bake at 15°C for 4 minutes.
Chocolate hazelnut streusel
125g Cacao Barry Pailleté Feuilletine
125g all-purpose flour
30g Cacao Barry Extra-Brute Cocoa powder
2.3g fleur de sel
100g hazelnuts (roasted and finely chopped)
1. Combine all dry ingredients except the hazelnuts.
2. Add the cold, cubed butter and mix with a paddle until a sandy streusel texture is achieved
3. Combine 125g of the streusel and hazelnuts
4. Bake at 15°C for 30 minutes
Chocolate hazelnut crisp
25g Cacao Barry St. Domingue dark chocolate
30g Cacao Barry Ghana milk chocolate
20g Piedmont praliné paste
160g chocolate hazelnut streusel
1. Melt the couvertures to 45°C
2. Stir in the praline and cool by tabling to 24°C
3. Stir in the streusel
St. Domingue soft ganache
155g heavy cream (35% fat)
145g glucose syrup (d.e. 38)
285g Cacao Barry St. Domingue dark chocolate
1. Combine the milk, cream and glucose and bring to the boil.
2. Pour over the chocolate in thirds, stirring well each time.
3. Emulsify with a hand blender then cool to room temperature
200g whole eggs
100g lemon juice
120g mandarin purée
2ea mandarin zest
150g butter (soft)
3.8g gelatin (silver)
1. Bloom the gelatin in the water
2. Combine the eggs, sucrose, lemon juice, purée and zest. Cook while whisking over a double boiler to 85°C.
3. Stir in the bloomed gelatin and strain.
4. Allow to cool to room temperature and add the soft butter
5. Blend with a hand blender until smooth
92.5g heavy cream (35% fat)
37.5g egg yolks
260g Cacao Barry Madirofolo dark chocolate
330g whipped cream
5g gelatin (silver)
1. Bloom the gelatin in water.
2. Combine the milk, cream, sucrose and egg yolks. Cook over a medium to low heat while whisking, until it reaches 85°C.
3. Add the gelatin and pour over the chocolate.
4. Blend until smooth and fold in the whipped cream at 40°C
St. Domingue Chocolate Glaze
300g glucose syrup (d.e. 38)
200g sweetened condensed milk
15g gelatin (silver)
300g Cacao Barry St. Domingue dark chocolate
1. Bloom the gelatin in 75g water.
2. Combine 150g water, sucrose, glucose and condensed milk and bring to a boil, then stir in the gelatin.
3. Pour over the chocolate in thirds, stirring well each time.
4. Emulsify well with a hand blender.
1. In a 18mm ring, scale 90 g of the chocolate hazelnut crisp and level and allow to set.
2. Top with 90 g of the St. Domingue soft ganache followed by a chocolate biscuit.
3. Scale 90 g of the mandarin cremeux, then another chocolate biscuit.
4. Repeat with the same amount of ganache, a biscuit, and the same amount of mandarin cremeux again.
5. Freeze this core and remove from the ring. In a 20mm silicone form, scale
350 g of the Madirofolo mousse.
6. Allow to set somewhat, then invert the frozen core and place in the middle of the mouse.
7. Level and freeze. When frozen, unmold and glaze the entremets with the glaze at 40 degrees Celsius. Serve at 13 degrees Celsius.