Recipes: Speculoos Coffee Praline - Jove Hubbard
Speculoos Coffee Praline
100g heavy cream (35% fat)
25g coffee beans (French roast)
12g glucose syrup (d.e. 38)
40g Cacao Barry St. Domingue dark chocolate
165g Cacao Barry Lactee Supériere milk chocolate
1. Combine the coffee beans and the cream and refrigerate for 24 hours.
2. Bring the cream and coffee beans to a boil, cover and steep for 20 minutes.
3. Strain and re-scale the cream, add water to bring back up to 100g.
4. Combine the re-scaled cream, glucose, and butter and bring to a boil.
5. Pour over the couvertures in thirds, stirring well each time.
6. Emulsify with a hand blender.
Speculoos spice mix
10g Saigon cinnamon powder 10g
7.5g ginger powder 7.5g
7.5g cardamom powder 7.5g
4g ground white pepper 4g
6g star anise powder 6g
2g nutmeg powder 2g
1. Blend all spices together.
Speculoos cookie crumbs
160g all-purpose flour
100g egg whites
2g fleur de sel
20g speculoos spice mix
1. Blend the turbinado, butter, fleur de sel, and spice mix with a paddle until smooth.
2. Gradually add the egg whites, then the flour and mix until smooth.
3. Spread evenly on a silpat, bake at 15°C for 40 minutes.
4. Grind into crumbs.
300g speculoos cookie crumbs
100g canola oil
1. Grind the crumbs and the oil in a robot coupe to a fine paste.
140g speculoos paste
55g speculoos crumbs
35g Cacao Barry St. Domingue dark chocolate
90g Cacao Barry Lactee Supériere milk chocolate
1. Heat the chocolates together to 45°C.
2. Combine the chocolate with the speculoos paste.
3. Cool by tabling to 24°C.
4. Stir in the speculoos crumbs.
1g cardamom powder
1g ginger powder
1. Cover the oranges and lemons with water and boil for 30 minutes. Leave to cool.
2. Slice the fruits, remove the seeds, and process in a robot coupe until only small pieces remain.
3. Combine the sucrose and water and cook to 115°C.
4. Add the spices and the processed fruit.
5. Continue to cook to 105°C.